View Single Post

Old 02-13-2024, 04:46 PM
tcj tcj is offline Windows 10 Office 2021
Novice

tcj is on a distinguished road
Default Cleaning up multiple PST files over many years containing many duplicates organizing contacts/rules

Hello everyone, hoping to find a useful application for cleaning/analyzing large amounts of emails.

I have over 10 years worth of emails combined of many outlook data files from multiple usernames/emails (a business which had multiple "alias/employee"@domain for email accounts).

Aside from the exact 100% duplicates (at one time a mistake was made that downloaded/duplicated over 2 years worth of emails ).

Many of these "alias/employee" email accounts received the same original email in a distribution list or FW. I would like to be able to search for exact duplicates with "exceptions" mainly the "from" or "to" email line.

~Example; Every 1 online sales order sends out the same email to 4 different email accounts to the same domain lets say @domain.com "sales", "shipping", "robert", "terry" etc, then maybe 1 or more of those accounts FW to another without adding anything at all.

~Goal; I would like to first search and delete exact 100% duplicates (everything is exactly the same including the "from" & "to" email). After that to search for exact duplicate emails leftover that were not flagged/deleted because the "to" email is different, I would like to keep all the "duplicates" that are going to sales@domain.com for example and delete the other copies "to" all other alias's *@domain.com

After I hopefully clean out all the duplicates my desire is to then to create an outlook contact/rule for most all regular emails addresses I send/receive emails from (example all emails from *@amazon.com are sorted into its designated folder). Also sometimes the "from" name from the exact same email address has changed/is different and when sorting by "from" I would like to use my own name/title so all emails that come from lets say orders@amazon.com are formatted with "Amazon Orders" and when sorting by name are grouped together.

Thanks if you read that all, really appreciate any suggestions or help.