View Single Post

Old 01-30-2024, 05:25 AM
Mikmmm Mikmmm is offline Windows 10 Office 2007
Novice

Mikmmm is on a distinguished road

I don't seem to have problem finding latest replies here, as said, opening the thread from my email link.
Now regarding my own problem, and yes it seems to be related to borders.
I went to Paragraph border and selected no borders, did not touch the auto correct setting.
Returned to my 'faulty' document which by then had no lines at all.
Next I went to the end of each of my entries (around 4 to 6 lines) and pressed return then entered 4 dashes that produced, as expected, a horizontal line with the cursor below that line, like I wanted.
In a sense this was fixed. But I still get some unwanted behaviours
1) when I deleted the last entry it return to the same situation. That is the previous entry had the cursor trapped above the line. (Although trying to repeat this to make sure this was the case, I could not?)
2) Back to what I call normal I did a return followed by 4 dashes and this time got 2 lines instead of one! But with the cursor below!
3) if I tried to delete one of these double line I ended up with no line between that last entry end the previous one.
4) I also got a blanc space below the line of my last entry and if I tried to move all the last entry to that empty space or delete that space, it cancelled the line too!
But if I just keep adding entries it works as I want and done for years.
So this is what I want (let say with 3 lines entries):

aaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaa
--------------
bbbbbbbbbb
bbbbbbbbbb
bbbbbbbbbb
---------------
cccccccccccc
cccccccccccc
ccccccccccccc
---------------
And a blinking cursor on that last line

NB:Where you see the dotted lines here, actually I got no blanc space in Words like it shows here.

Now to fix anything it seems I have to go to option find the right setting and chose if I want it on or off (with a tick) .
That would be ok by me if these settings did not get changed by themselves.
But all I said before, happened without me changing any settings!
What am i missing?