View Single Post

Old 12-26-2023, 03:21 PM
skeezix skeezix is offline Windows 10 Office 97-2003
Competent Performer

skeezix is on a distinguished road
Default Some Hyperlinks Work, Others Give "Browser Out of Date" Error

I'm having a problem with some hyperlinks in one of my Word 2000 documents. Since Word 1.0 (35 years ago) I have never seen this problem, so I attached a portion of the document that demonstrates the problem.

In the example, clicking on any of the 3 top links I results in a page saying my browser is out of date. Clicking on the last link in the example gets me to the appropriate website page.

I've tried several things, including copying the bad link to Notepad, then from Notepad into a new Word document and then clicking the link, but I still get the error message.

I notice that if I remove the "https://www." from the link and paste it into my URL field, the link works. If I then copy that link from the URL field into my document and then click on it, the link does not work.

I also notice that the good link ends with ".html" while the bad links do not have that ending, so I tried tacking ".html" on the end of one of the bad links but that does not fix the problem.

I'm at a loss here and maybe somebody can help me out?
Attached Files
File Type: doc Word Hyperlink Example.doc (35.0 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by skeezix; 12-26-2023 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Remove double paragraph marks