View Single Post

Old 12-13-2023, 07:14 AM
70Steed 70Steed is offline Windows 11 Office 2021
Novice

70Steed is on a distinguished road
Arrow Directory/Catalog Merge of Multiple records With added merge fields at the end of the merge loop

I am in the process of generating a mail merge document from an excel worksheet that contains multiple records for specific customers. I've used this forum to successfully create the merge of the catalog in the document. The catalog table I am generating is simply of the item name and the item price. What I can't figure out is how to merge the subtotal, tax and total records to the BOTTOM of the document along with a salutation (Not in adjacent cells in the table). These values are in adjacent columns and repeat for each record so I tried to run another merges command=1 after the first merge sequence that generates the first item & price table to no avail. What is happening it Word is moving on to the next record after the catalog is created. Is there a way to do this? I used the following example to create my code from this link:
HOW TO: Use Mail Merge to Create a List Sorted by Category in Word 2000 - Microsoft Support

{ IF { MERGESEQ } = "1" "{ MERGEFIELD City }" "" }<ENTER>
{ SET Place1 { MERGEFIELD City }}<ENTER>
{ If { Place2 } <> { Place1 }"<ENTER>
{ MERGEFIELD City }<ENTER>
<ENTER>
{ MERGEFIELD Employee }{ MERGEFIELD Sales }" "{ MERGEFIELD Employee }{ MERGEFIELD Sales }" }{ SET Place2 { MERGEFIELD City }}<ENTER>

It seems that after it sees SET place 2, it moves on to the next record and I would like to have a few more dynamic merge fields after this loop, pulling either from the first or last record from my list. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.