View Single Post

Old 12-11-2023, 05:03 PM
Sweet_Melissa Sweet_Melissa is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

Sweet_Melissa is on a distinguished road
Default Macro for Multilist Styles

Hello everyone,
I just need help!! I feel like I'm drowning in Word Multilist world, I have spent the last 4 days getting my document with all the same multi-list style, and I'm about to lose my mind!

Background (My Word Story)
I have a document that I compile out of 20 different Word Documents, Chapters. We take all the Chapters and combine them into one Huge document (It's up to 1000 pages). My users go in and made edits, paste etc in the chapters and I combine them. All the chapters have the same Styles so that everything looks the same. (Or at least I hope so). But when I compile the document the multilist goes haywire! totally nuts!!
So my Heading 1, 2, 3, 5 do not have numbering on them on purpose. But my users use "List Style" and that List style is attached to the built in Multilist style in word. (Sample 1., a, i, 1, etc). The users are good about sticking to the styles.
But when I combine them it gets crazy.

What would you do? I tried to manually correct each one that that's almost impossible, I got up to Chapter 15 and it stared to get worst.

I read that maybe a Macro would help, so I'm guessing a macro that finds all of the "List Paragraph" and changes the Multilist.
1. Is this possible?
2. Can some one point me in the right direction?

I"ve used Shuana Kelly site which is great but I think I'm beyond this.

Drowning slowly in Word Number list!