View Single Post

Old 12-08-2023, 07:36 AM
didlinghill didlinghill is offline Windows XP Office 2010 32bit
Novice

didlinghill is on a distinguished road

Many thanks for that helpful reply, Andrew. It makes me realise in what a careless way I have been working until now. All I've been doing is to compose all the text, then paste selected photos where needed - even adjusting their size down by dragging the diagonal corners as ultimate resolution isn't needed. Now I will at least look up the position coordinates on the page, and adjust those figures by trial and error if necessary to move it.
I had not realised about the hidden anchor, which has never been visible to me. I have tried to show it using various options but nothing seems to work - could you give me some clues as to what else I could try?
I can only say, in defence of my lack of technique, that I cut my teeth on DTP using the likes of PageMaker, Quark Press and Ventura, when I created boxes for text, illustrations and graphics and they were then easy to manipulate. It is impressive that Word is capable of producing similar results, and perfectly understandable that the correct technique has to be followed with such a versatile program.
Incidentally, if you'll forgive the further digression, my early days even included emailing by Telecom Gold's Microlink and separate modem; I still have the manual somewhere of the instruction codes which had to be painstakingly added to each message. How we have advanced since then!