View Single Post

Old 11-01-2023, 08:15 AM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is online now Windows 11 Office 2021

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

More resources:
What you want to be doing is changing the Theme Font in your templates. This underlies all of the built-in Styles used by Word.

If you regularly use Word you owe it to yourself to learn about styles because they are the base level of Word formatting.
I strongly recommend going through each of these short tutorials on Word to save on frustration. I learned from them after using Word for years.
Basic Concepts of Microsoft Word - from Shauna Kelly (including especially)
· 1. Start typing your new document
· 2. Rules for Typing in Word
· 2.1 Why you should not press Enter at the end of every line
· 2.2 Why you should press Enter only once to end a paragraph
· 2.3 Why you should use one space after each sentence
· 3. Using Styles to Format Text
· 4. Use Tables and Tabs to Arrange Text in Microsoft Word
· 5. Use a bulleted paragraph style for bullets and dotpoints
· 6. Make changes, fix mistakes, edit your document
· 7. Use page numbering and let the text flow from page to page
· 8. Print your document

Word is not a typewriter, nor is it any other word processing program you may have learned. It works according to rules that are not necessarily intuitive. Spending a little time learning to use this tool will keep you from hitting yourself on the thumb with a hammer. It will save you time and frustration.

I promise that you will be glad that you did even if you have been using Word for a long time. Microsoft has worked hard to cover up the complexity of Word. For simple use, you do not need to know much, but once you start trying to really use its features, it becomes frustrating unless you have some basic understanding. Shauna's tutorials help you gain that understanding quickly.