View Single Post

Old 09-27-2023, 06:36 AM
kilroyscarnival kilroyscarnival is offline Windows 10 Office 2021
Expert

kilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by otuatail View Post
Good question. Never thought about it properly. Currently today (UK time) it shows 68.64. I supose if it was greater than .5 then round up if lower round down. So rounded to the nearest whole value. I thought just wrapping the whole calculation in a ROUNDUP() function should have worked.
What you're describing is =ROUND, not =ROUNDUP. ROUNDUP always rounds up, ROUNDDOWN always rounds down to the increment you set in number of digits.

There are two other options, commands =INT and =TRUNC. A simple rundown of all of these is available at Int, Round, RoundDown, RoundUp, and Trunc functions - Power Platform | Microsoft Learn.

I'm including a dead-simple little glimpse of how these handle the same one-decimal entries, both positive and negative numbers. You can see the formulas below for the first row. You'll see that INT and TRUNC are identical for positive numbers but different for negative.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg round.jpg (44.2 KB, 7 views)