View Single Post

Old 09-25-2023, 07:42 AM
Dan_nn Dan_nn is offline Windows 10 Office 2021
Novice

Dan_nn is on a distinguished road

it's been really long since I started with this, and I was coming from already knowing different programming languages.

I'd suggest googling for 'VBA tutorial' and quickly check a few to see which one suits better your existing knowledge. Microsoft has it's own documentation but it might be a bit too Microsofty ��

You can look for generals on VB in W3Schools and there's the VBA for dummies (VBA For Dummies, 5th Edition | Wiley) from Wiley... all the 'for Dummies' books are great for starting with anything.

Don't look for Powerpoint specific scripting, because you don't really do much scripting in Powerpoint in general... you'll find a lot more about VBA for Excel and Access, plus some for Word... You only need to understand the basics (structures, variables, conditionals) and object oriented programming basics (such as object, properties, methods). In the end, you are not going to do this from scratch, just make sure you understand the piece of code you have in front and that you can edit it to fir your needs.

Even in the totally worst case, the code already works... if you make backup copies, you can use trial and error and see how it goes