View Single Post

Old 09-22-2023, 07:25 AM
Last Chance Last Chance is offline Windows 10 Office 2007
Novice

Last Chance is on a distinguished road
Default Word dictionary not operating - various error messages

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with a very annoying problem in Word (Office 2019).

After a week away, I came back to Word to be greeted by a series of errors when loading an existing file.

Firstly, I got a dialogue message claiming the document file was damaged but thankfully it loaded and did not appear to have been affected in any way, except that the dictionary was not operating, even though it shows it on the bottom line of the Word window.

But with every occurance of loading an existing Word document, I get a repetitive error that shows the same dialogue 14 times: "A function you are attempting to run contains macros or content that requires macro language support" ... etc.) Most annoying as I have to close this dialogue fourteen times every time I load a Word document. I have only ever run a macro once in Word and that was years ago.

Finally, I also get a dialogue claiming that "this feature appears to be broken ..." (without identifying it) and needs repairing. After "repairing" Word from the Control Panel there was no difference.

Screenshots of two error dialogues are attached.

My only thought is that I may have switched the computer off prematurely before departing a week ago, which may have affected the files being auto-uploaded to my cloud server (pCloud). Otherwise, there was a Windows update when the system was restarted.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
David
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Word problem.jpg (25.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: png Word problem2.png (11.0 KB, 17 views)