View Single Post

Old 07-14-2023, 11:39 AM
AMSWORDUSER AMSWORDUSER is offline Windows 11 Office 2021
Novice

AMSWORDUSER is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessed View Post
The GUI won't tell you what 'exactly the same' is until you actually put in something.

You can probably deduce it by adding up the heights that play a factor (top & bottom cell margins, paragraph height, space before and after)

But I am choosing to be less scientific and follow the 'suck it and see' methodology. I found that '0.49 cm' Exactly appears to give the same row height without the ability to get bigger. If you put this measurement in on your machine it will automatically convert to show what that is in inches.

I note that making tiny incremental changes to an exact row height is ignored by Word BUT if you make a big change and then make that tiny change then you will see the tiny change actually sticks. I don't know why Microsoft would have thought that was a good idea.
eg. Change exact row height from 0.48cm to 0.5cm - remains at 0.48cm
Change exact row height from 0.48cm to 0.8cm to 0.5cm - row becomes 0.5cm

Sir, hopefully you are still with me. I thought I had it when it occurred to me to just divide the number of rows into the height of the document, four inches, for it is a 4x6 index card with which we are dealing. But then I was absolutely crushed when I found out it would not be so simple because of the last little row that all index cards have. However, in any case, 18 rows into four inches is 0.222222 and 17 rows into four inches is 0.235294. In any case, neither of which is even very close to 0.1929134, which is itself too big anyway. So how in the world does that make any sense?

I feel as though the mystery is just deepening …

Last edited by AMSWORDUSER; 07-14-2023 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Clarification