View Single Post

Old 06-22-2023, 04:44 PM
mstroh mstroh is offline Mac OS X Office 2021
Novice

mstroh is on a distinguished road
Default Grouped list merged from Excel data

I would like to create a list of names for individuals that have certain needs from data in an excel spreadsheet. I have tried different variations of Next Record, Next Record If, Skip Record If, If...Then...Else, etc. and can't seem to figure it out. I have tried to search for suggestions but apparently I'm not familiar enough with the terminology to effectively search.

For Example:

Oxygen users
Smith, John
Jones, Mary

Assistance Devices
Jones, Mary: Wheelchair
Henderson, Harry: Walker, Cane

Diabetic
Henderson, Harry (Insulin)
Smith, John (Diet)

The spreadsheet lists the names of all persons regardless of whether or not they have an entry in each category.
  • Some may be name only with no other data. These would be skipped completely.
  • Some categories (Oxygen) have Yes or No with no blanks. These would only list the name if it were Yes, skipping any No answers.
  • Some categories (Assistance devices) have only information if it exists, with blanks for no information entered. These would list the name with the items after the name, skipping any blanks.
  • Some categories (Diabetic control) are free text. These would list the name with the type of control, skipping "None", "N/A", or blanks.

I appreciate any suggestions or pointers on where to learn more. I've done some cool stuff with mail merge the last few days and was excited about the possibilities. I just can't seem to get the syntax down to list names I want and exclude the names I don't.