View Single Post

Old 06-17-2023, 07:22 AM
revocats10 revocats10 is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

revocats10 is on a distinguished road
Default Paste Chart Excel to PowerPoint

Hello I am using Microsoft Office 2019. When I paste a Chart from Excel to a Blank Slide in PowerPoint, I am having issues. I don't have a sample I can upload as this was created at work and I don't have access to it, so I will try to describe the issue as best I can. What happens is the chart is formatted fine in Excel but when I copy the chart from Excel and Embed into a Blank Slide in PowerPoint, what happens is the chart doesn't always format correctly. I need to embed the chart (not link it to the Excel file, nor copy paste as a picture). It is a line chart and the plot area will extend beyond the Horizontal X Axis (which is Date Month/Year). I tried to reformat the Chart in PowerPoint but it doesn't work. The only way I can resolve it, is I have to right click on the chart in PowerPoint, choose Edit Data, then I go into the Data Edit Window and copy the Chart again and Paste the Chart a second time in the PowerPoint slide and then it displays correctly. I am having to do this frequently with many PowerPoint slides, so it adds a lot of time in creating the Slides. So I am looking for a workaround or a reason why this happens (if there is no workaround, that is fine I will just have to contineu to do it this way). Thank you.