View Single Post

Old 06-12-2023, 07:00 PM
1Virginiagirl 1Virginiagirl is offline Windows 10 Office 2010
Novice

1Virginiagirl is on a distinguished road
Default headings with frames

Unfortunately I can't. It's a work file and I can't share any part of it. I'd have to create another sample on my personal laptop.

I can say that I noticed it first looking at the PDF. The headings are numbered with a title. The numbered part looked fuzzy. When I clicked on the text part, the cursor acted like I was determining an insertion point. When I clicked on the numerical part, an image box selected. It took me awhile researching. Others had the same thing happen but didn't know what caused it. I stumbled on the frame thing. I noticed that I could modify the heading, remove the frame, update the heading to match the selection - went through this for 6 heading styles. I "saved as" a pdf and it worked - the image boxes were gone. Even though I saved the Word file after the PDF file, when I went back into the Word file and looked at the headings, the frames were back. It was just like another user on this site said - they come back - and there doesn't seem to be an option to completely turn them off.

Thanks for the macros though. They may come in handy. If you do think of a way to turn these frames off, I'm interested. Thank you.