View Single Post

Old 05-20-2023, 10:50 PM
Mikmmm Mikmmm is offline Windows 10 Office 2007
Novice

Mikmmm is on a distinguished road

Thank you for your quick reply
I'll try again to state my situation.
I bought a new PC but I'm still using the old one where I have most things in it included an external hard drive. (Having quite a few pgr that would not work on the new one)
I searched about accessing that ext. HD from the new PC and found the Network sharing instructions.
Eventually I saw my external HD (but only the 'folder' I nominated??)
Then I saw some Word (2007) documents I saved on that ext. HD folder and tried to open them on my new pc. (later on I copied that file on my new pc) In both cases Word (also installed on my new pc and working well) would not show the document, only word's blue screen.
I read this thread and understood that I could not 'import', 'share' word documents if they weren't saved on the pc internal drive...
So I created a new doc. , saved it on my pc's internal drive. But could not read it on the network as it was only created for my external drive's folder...
Next I used my Belkin transfer cable between the 2 PCs and copied both files from my external drive and also my internal drive into my new pc but the result was still negative and similar.
Add on:
I just sent myself an email with the file in it and opened it on my new pc. |
The same thing happened again although I could see the content of the file on my email. I also could open it with google sheet.
I downloaded it from my email and still could not open it just as it happened in all the other situations.
Only word seems to be that way I could open .pdf, Jpeg. file with no problem from network sharing.

Last edited by Mikmmm; 05-20-2023 at 11:23 PM. Reason: more info