View Single Post

Old 05-12-2023, 04:20 PM
carolcor carolcor is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

carolcor is on a distinguished road
Default Need help with text boxes - need icon on QAT

I am using Word 2016, and have used it since about 2016. (And Windows 10 on a Dell desktop) I use text boxes a lot to make flyers and newsletters. But they don't seem to work the way they used to. I find it impossible to insert a text box on top of another text box, as in adding a caption to a photo, or correcting an image. I can't click inside the photo, but must draw a text box outside the photo, then drag it in. When I click on insert>draw text box>I get a random text box and another small one that can be moved, instead of an insertion point. It has become impossible to modify an existing document. New docs work a bit better, but still with a lot of fooling around, getting 2 boxes where I want one, deleting one then having it reappear, etc.

I don't know what to do or who could help. Is my old software just messed up? Or have changes been made? Word is the only app I use in the Office suite, but I'm guessing the Basic version currently available will not have the graphic capability I want.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I tried using Help, but found nothing of use.