View Single Post

Old 04-25-2023, 08:46 AM
Jbro00 Jbro00 is offline Windows 11 Office 2021
Novice

Jbro00 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmayor View Post
Just enter all the relevant fields on the label. If there is no data in the field for a particular record nothing will print on the label.

I there are gaps, then conditionally insert the field e.g.
{ MERGEFIELD CUSTOMER }{IF { MERGEFIELD FIELDNAME1 } <> "" "
{MERGEFIELD FIELDNAME1 }" }{IF { MERGEFIELD FIELDNAME2 } <> "" "
{MERGEFIELD FIELDNAME2 }" }ETC

Mail merge labels with Microsoft Office covers the merge process, although originally written for an earlier Word version, the process remains similar.
I'm still not quite understanding, I could upload the files I'm currently using for reference if that would help.
If create a table with customer information and rows for orders I can imput that onto the labels to insert customer info, sale1, sale2, sale2, sale4, sale5, next customer info, etc.
When I do it in this fashion if the customer bought two things it leaves me with 3 blank labels when I'm ready to print. This would lead to many wasted labels.
I'm not sure if this is the same way you're explaining to do it?
I really appreciate your time, do you have any recommended places I can look to become more familiar with vba and these types of situations? I feel bad basically asking you to teach me so I can understand the advice that you are giving. I don't mind learning more and getting a better understanding and then coming back to this thread to move further but I'm having a hard time finding a good place to learn the information.