View Single Post

Old 04-25-2023, 03:15 AM
Jbro00 Jbro00 is offline Windows 11 Office 2021
Novice

Jbro00 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmayor View Post
If each label takes data from one row of the worksheet, then this is a simple mail merge to labels. If the labels are to contain data from multiple rows, then this would be a many to one merge to labels which Word is not capable of. I don't know of a many to one merge to labels add-in to make this happen.
Currently it's all one row. If there is a separate order placed it creates another row but would act as if it just a different customer, I believe this could probably be fixed in excel to merge them.

I'm having difficulty figuring out how to set up the mail merge. How would I go about getting it to put customer info in a label and then each order in another? Some customers will have one order and some will have 2,3,4 orders etc.
Since the amount of orders can vary would I use some type of if then, rule?
I know I could set the labels up with customer info, insert item 1, item2, item3, etc
But then that would leave me with wasted blank labels for instance when customer only orders 1 item and it would leave off any items after the 3rd.
Hopefully I'm explaining this in a way that makes sense? Thanks for taking your time to respond.