View Single Post

Old 04-11-2023, 04:48 AM
Rachquit Rachquit is offline Windows 11 Office 2021
Novice

Rachquit is on a distinguished road
Default Mail Merge Output to Different Files not working

I want to save each MailMerge output file as a separate, individual file.

I know this question has been asked to death and I've seen the tips and tricks page.

I have followed all instructions in Installing Macros (on how to install a macro) and https://www.msofficeforums.com/mail-...ps-tricks.html ("Send Mailmerge Output to Individual Files" section).

The macro shows up and there doesn't seem to be any errors in the code, especially since I am merely copying and pasting. However, nothing happens when I click on the "Edit Individual Documents" button.

Alternatively, I also tried the "Send MailMerge Output to Individual Files" option. While the macro appeared to run, it kept saving over my files (the heading for all files is all the same and I cannot change it for internal policy reasons. But in any case, the file that is generated from this code makes the formatting of my document go haywire - all my numberings and indentations and paragraphing is gone.

Can anyone help troubleshoot why this is not working for me? I'm using Office365.

(as a side note, I can't believe Microsoft has not yet included this as a built-in function???)