View Single Post

Old 03-21-2023, 10:57 AM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows 11 Office 2021

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911jason View Post
I'm not sure I understand about the table rows expanding/breaking across pages. I would need the column headers at the top of each page, not just additional empty rows.
You can mark the top (header) rows of a table to repeat across page breaks. See Header Rows.

The rows in a table can expand to accept more content than would fit on the row. This is, I believe, the default. It is actually the cell that expands down, taking the row with it.

You can set individual rows to break across pages, or to not break across pages. If not, then when the row's content would break to a new page, it takes the entire row with it.

Here is the row properties dialog box set by default to allow breaking across pages and with an indeterminate height (i.e. it can expand).

You can mark rows at the top of a table as header rows. That box was greyed out when I called the dialog because I was not in a top row.

Here is my chapter on Tables.