View Single Post

Old 02-20-2023, 06:36 PM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows 11 Office 2021

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Murphy View Post
Is there any way to make Word remember the size, position, and view settings for each document so that when I open it, it looks exactly like it did when I closed it?

I usually view Portrait documents in a narrower window than Landscape documents. I view some docs in Page/Print mode, some in Draft mode, and some in Outline mode. I view some docs with the document map on and some with it off. Sometimes, I have paragraph marks turned on and sometimes off. And occasionally, I arrange two documents side by side and carefully set the window size so that I can compare them.

But if I close them, all that is lost. It would be great to be able to open a document and have it look exactly like it did when I last closed it. Is there any way to make Word do that?

Try this free Add-In from Word MVP Jay Freedman: SaveViewMultiLoc.

You can download it from his page: The Macro Zone - Jay Freedman, MVP
Please see directions at the bottom of the download page.