View Single Post

Old 02-20-2023, 02:40 PM
kilroyscarnival kilroyscarnival is offline Windows 10 Office 2021
Expert

kilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by p45cal View Post
If you've done (or started) this with a powershell command, what was the command, because command you've shown only returns the top level of folders?
Are we talking only one level down of subfolders?

Otherwise I'll have an explore in the coming days.
Yes, for the most part they are usually just one level down. It'd be like \\Projects\\J1234G State Road 567 at Pine Street Intersection\Invoices\

You're right, I think I just grabbed the wrong Powershell command line that I keep in Outlook Notes. That's the one I used to get the names of all the PDFs of the invoices, which I have changed to doing by PQ. The Powershell command that yields literally everything in the main folder (recursive) is:
Code:
dir -n -r > dirlist.txt
And that yields a lot of rows of data, which I then filter in Excel for anything that ends in "Invoice" and end up concatenating the rest of the file path in.

I suppose the other thing I could do is search out the few ...\Invoices\ subfolders that are empty and place a small dummy file in them?

I think I'm like 90% there, so I'm not that worried about it.