View Single Post

Old 02-08-2023, 10:08 AM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is online now Windows 11 Office 2021

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGreaves View Post
Hi Charles.
I know that I am a glutton; a large part of my life has been spent tackling jobs that others would not tackle.

The issue is not "Marching Ants"; it is "Tools Options", specifically, how to make the settings permanent. I had dashed off a quick one-liner in Normal.dot, since, except for this project, I do not use marching ants, Red, Black or anything, so a quickie in Normal.dot was simplest.

I had Woody's "Underground Guide For Word for Windows", the Word6.0 book, and a later one by Woody, until I had to downsize on retirement 2011.

My experience is that most bugs/issues I found in Word97 and find in Word2003 continue in later versions to this day. That is why I had hoped someone might be aware of this Tools Options setting failing to remain in place.

Cheers, Chris
Chris, I probably learned the "record a macro to preserve option settings" from Word 97 Annoyances.

Word 2003 fixed many of the bugs in Word 97 as well as a few of the annoyances. The .doc format is prone to more problems than the .docx format as well as taking up more disk space.