View Single Post

Old 02-07-2023, 09:56 PM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is online now Windows 11 Office 2021

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by spillerbd View Post
@Charles Kenyon.
Your Quick Style Sampler document still has all 300+ styles in it including List and Table Styles.
There are 23 Styles displayed in the Styles Gallery.
There are 17 Style Set available on the Designer Ribbon.

I believe that it would benefit most users to be familiar with using the Styles Pane to Display ALL Styles ordered by As Recommended with Show Preview Selected. I would change the article to include that recommendation for users to at least look at the entire list. I don't believe most users out there have been exposed clearly to the number and types of Styles that already exist.
The only styles changed directly when you apply a [Quick] Style Set are styles set to display in the Quick Styles Gallery.

This will include the Heading 3-9 styles which are hidden by default until the level above has been used.

Since the Normal style is one of these, styles based on Normal in the current document may also be changed. The same is true of any styles based on one of these. How styles in Microsoft Word cascade by Shauna Kelly

Yes, the Quick Styles Sets Sampler has many additional styles, but they are not part of Quick Style Sets. This an ordinary Word document with text displayed in each of the twenty-five styles in the standard distributed Quick Style Sets. It has all the styles in it that a new document created from the default Normal template would have.

Non-Quick Styles can be changed by themes if they use theme fonts / colors. If they use set colors and fonts instead, they will not be changed by changing the theme. Non-Quick Styles in a document that are based on Quick Styles will also be changed by a change in the underlying Quick Style when a new Quick Style Set is applied.

I join you in urging more use of the Styles Pane and other methods of accessing styles. I said that in my earlier post. The Quick Styles Gallery is a confusing crutch and has been deprecated by the "New Experience" in recent releases.

Last edited by Charles Kenyon; 02-25-2023 at 06:50 PM.