View Single Post

Old 02-07-2023, 05:55 PM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows 11 Office 2021

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by whburling View Post
I want to create multiple Galleries, not change or add to existing default style gallery.
This is not a choice in Word, not in any version.

Which version of Word are you using?

However, [Quick] Style Sets can be used to change the formatting of the styles that appear in the [Quick] Styles Gallery on the Home tab.

Here is a a screenshot from my Quick Style Sets Sampler document that lets you see what all of the Quick Style Sets look like. It contains the twenty-five styles that are in the distributed Quick Style Sets.

Also, consider saving and using templates that have their own styles (modified built-in styles and/or custom styles).

Very few of the available and active styles appear in the [Quick] Styles Gallery. Word has more than one-hundred built-in styles.

While the [Quick] Style Sets distributed with Word have a specific set of 25 styles, you can put as many as you wish in a custom [Quick] Style Set. They do need to be in the [Quick] Styles Gallery when you create a Style Set and will be in that Gallery when you use such a style set in a new document. This can get cluttered.

You can also use the Organizer to copy any styles from one document/template to another. You can do this with a macro if you want. See my page A Global StyleSheet in Microsoft Word?

Become familiar with the Styles Pane and Apply Styles dialog.

Last edited by Charles Kenyon; 02-25-2023 at 06:44 PM.