View Single Post

Old 02-02-2023, 06:20 AM
kilroyscarnival kilroyscarnival is offline Windows 10 Office 2021
Expert

kilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhandluke View Post
I am trying to use the save as Adobe PDF with use of headings as bookmarks. The problem I have is that while I am able to distinguish which levels are shown in the Word Document TOC, I am unable to find a way to limit which headings become bookmarks. I would like to only have the top two levels become bookmarks, but I am getting all levels. My document is set up using all heading levels as directed in How to create numbered headings or outline numbering in Word 2007 and Word 2010 | ShaunaKelly.com
I haven't found a simpler way of doing this than Guessed detailed; use a different type of style than a heading. We have some long documents where there are level 3 headings that the department's manager doesn't want in the table of contents; there I choose only levels 1 and 2. But they do show up in the PDF; I usually just leave them and collapse them in the bookmark panel. You could also delete them from the panel, of course - an extra step. I usually end up doing the flip side of that - adding a few bookmarks for figures that have to be inserted, and so forth.