View Single Post

Old 01-28-2023, 02:56 AM
ArviLaanemets ArviLaanemets is offline Windows 8 Office 2016
Expert

ArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by p45cal View Post
Yes, with the likes of:
=INDEX(Table13,ROW(Table13)-ROW(Table13[#Headers]),{1,3,4})
See Sheet1 (2) of the attached.
I haven't Excel available currently to look at attached file.

Is this INDEX() formula entered into second Defined Table, or it behaves like those newest Excel features, where you enter the formula {like FILTER()} into single cell, and you get a range of values returned? When former, as I suspect, then the second Table will not expand automatically when new rows are added to first Table.

I think I found a probable solution with FILTER(). When the 1st Table has name e.g tData, with headers like Hdr1, Hdr2 for visible columns, and then for hidden columns headers like Hdr3 for column with formula
=tData[@Hdr1]
, Hdr4 and Gdr5 for columns for OP's calculations, and an additional column Hdr6 with formula
=1,
then formula
Code:
=FILTER(tData[Hdr3:Hdr5],tData[Hdr6]=1)
will probably work. And the returned range will expand automatically when Table tData expands.