View Single Post

Old 01-12-2023, 07:31 AM
kilroyscarnival kilroyscarnival is offline Windows 10 Office 2021
Expert

kilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nice

Paul, I wish I could say I got this to work. I did try it on a test batch of PDFs where the PDFs to be moved and the Excel workbook containing the paths and the VBA were in the same test folder, and the destination paths were various places on our shared drive.

When the test folder was placed on my desktop, where it's automatically synced to my OneDrive, I could see when I hovered on the code that it was connecting to the first row of information in the Excel sheet. However, it gave me an error on this line:

Code:
  If Dir(StrSrc & StrFlNm, vbNormal) <> "" Then
I suspect that's because it may have been redirecting to the OneDrive rather than being on the desktop itself.

When I moved the entire test folder to an area on the shared drive where my invoice work (the things I want to be moved) will be, the VBA didn't generate any errors, but it didn't appear to do anything either.

By then I got buried in other things. So I have moved the files manually in the meantime.

I am sure I'm missing something obvious. I tried three different destination paths just to see if any one of them worked. My version is Microsoft® Excel® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2211 Build 16.0.15831.20098) 64-bit.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TestPath.zip (222.6 KB, 6 views)