View Single Post

Old 11-28-2022, 09:15 AM
kilroyscarnival kilroyscarnival is offline Windows 10 Office 2021
Expert

kilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestrad View Post
Hello to all. I use AutoTexts a lot to insert individual words and short phrases (I'm a translator and AutoText comes in very handy for this). But lately I've been noticing that when I insert certain AutoTexts, they get inserted as markup - that is, even though Track Changes is set to off, the inserted word or phrase is formatted with underlining and in color (as defined in Tools>Options>Track Changes).

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?
Is it possible that when the AutoTexts were saved, Track Changes was on in the source?

What if you took one of the problem AutoTexts, create a new Word document and insert it there (with Track Changes off in the document beforehand), and see if the markup shows. If it does, click Accept All and Stop Tracking, then re-highlight the autotext phrase and save it anew (or over the existing one if you choose the same name and path) and see if that resolves it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stop_dracking.jpg (51.4 KB, 7 views)