View Single Post

Old 11-22-2022, 06:31 AM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows 11 Office 2021

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroyscarnival View Post
I'm not sure whether this would be any easier, but could you make a separate index for each set of numbers (under 1, under 2, etc.) and just place them sequentially, labeled with the single digit section headers?
Good call!

Even though I wrote about using Multiple Indices some time ago in my chapter on Complex Documents, I had forgotten that possibility.
You would need to use the \f switch and add identifiers in each XE field to do this.
Information is in the documentation about the XE (Index Entry) Field and Index Field.

This would also be laborious to set up but once done you would be able to have multiple indices that you could update.