View Single Post

Old 11-17-2022, 07:12 AM
kilroyscarnival kilroyscarnival is offline Windows 10 Office 2021
Expert

kilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJSwanepoel View Post
Is it possible to stop Word 365 from placing a hyphen after the second character of a word. In other words lets say the word "domestic" starts on a new line, but when doing automatic hyphenation it puts the hyphen as follow "do-mestic".

I would prefer if it just left in on a new line. "Hyphenation zone" should solve the problem but it is disabled for DOCX files.
I have Word 365 for Windows [specifically, Microsoft® Word for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2210 Build 16.0.15726.20188) 64-bit], and I am not finding that "Hyphenation zone" is disabled for a new DOCX file. I did, however, convert an older .doc document to DOCX, and at that point the hyphenation zone was greyed out. What happens if you down-convert to .doc, apply the hyphenation, then re-save as a DOCX?

I actually don't work with automatic hyphenation, so I was just experimenting. We typically have hyphenation off in our work product.