View Single Post

Old 10-30-2022, 01:41 PM
viewtost viewtost is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Advanced Beginner

viewtost is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by macropod View Post
You can do that via INCLUDETEXT fields. Using those, the data can be updated in either the source or target document. See: Field codes: IncludeText field
Hi Macropod,

Thank you very much for your answer. Indeed, it is a great method. However, I am going to provide more context as I am not sure how to do it.
I have two files called Tesco and Sainsburys and a third one called All the customers. In the All the customers one, I want to get all the information from Tesco and Sainsburys and if I add new information/change the information in both files, I want to get the "all the customers" one also updated.

They are all in the same folder "Main customers"

Would I have to write the following lines in the "all the customers" one to pull the information from both files?

{INCLUDETEXT “C:\\Users\\Pascual\\Desktop\\all the customers\\Tesco.docx” information}

{INCLUDETEXT “C:\\Users\\Pascual\\Desktop\\all the customers\\Sainsburys.docx” information}

Where Tesco is the bookmark in Tesco file for the information that I want to get in all the customers file and Sainsburys the one in the Sainsburys file.

Thanks
Pascual