View Single Post

Old 10-23-2022, 11:29 AM
kcaron kcaron is offline Windows 10 Office 2021
Novice

kcaron is on a distinguished road

Thanks macropod

This is good information! I have downloaded both documents. Lots of good reference material, but I can't find anything on being able to determine if the field changed or how to change several other fields because this one changed. I think I could see a way to calculate the payment with field texts, but what happens if the user overrides the field that is being calculated?

My initial goal was to populate the dates when this document is created from a template (.dotm or .dotx), all based on the current date, unless that date has a valid date (like when the document is revisited in a follow on edit session.) Word fields are great when doing calculations and format manipulations. I don't see how to use that to set other fields based on the the value of this. I know I can reference a value and use if-then-else to calculate and manipulate the value, but then it is not an enterable field on the form. My initial dates are "suggestions".

IE: If the 1st payment date is changed, I could use a word field to display a last payment date, but don't see how to change the legacy field value for the last payment date.