View Single Post

Old 10-18-2022, 05:04 PM
Guessed Guessed is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Expert

Guessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant future

I always avoid revision tracking as much as possible and only use it sparingly when someone else NEEDS to review the changes. Anything that is 'down in the weeds' like formatting, punctuation or spelling corrections should not be revision tracked as it adds no value to have someone review it.

If a large proportion of the document is revision tracked, the point of it is lost. The important changes (that need someone else's attention) gets lost in the noise of the non-important changes.

If I was authoring and someone wanted to see ALL the changes then I would keep a copy of the original and work without revision tracking anything. Once I finish I would then do a compare documents so that person can see all the changes.