View Single Post

Old 10-17-2022, 06:28 AM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows 11 Office 2021

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestWage View Post
Thanks everyone for your replies.

Quick question. Can't I just save a template as a word file and then copy and paste the text from the word document that is not the template into the template? This way I make sure all the headers and colors are correct.
You create a new document based on a template you do not save the template as a document. [This is jargon, but an important distinction.] This was my suggestion in my previous response. Try it.

The links, though, were not for show. The first explains what templates are and how to use them. Templates may contain numerous features, not only headers and footers. Yours may not contain those.
The second link clarifies what goes from a template and stays in a document. It also talks about what happens when you attach a different template to an existing document (it does not change existing header footer content).

I encourage you to read the linked articles, including those on styles. If you are going to be working with Word for your job, you need to more.
You could start here: Basic Concepts of Microsoft Word - from Shauna Kelly