View Single Post

Old 05-06-2011, 10:02 AM
kraakenn kraakenn is offline Windows XP Office 2003
Novice

kraakenn is on a distinguished road
Default Accents not appearing in Word

Some of our Word documents occasionally make French accents in SmallCaps disappear.

As seen in the images attached, the proper è is in the xml code but doesn't appear in the Word doc. I mean, the character is physically there in Word but does not appear as that character. A workaround for this is to remove the formatting and reapply the style *Presto* all fixed. The text appears as expected in Word.

The actual problem is the disappearing act, the text may be fine when one person is working on it but then gone when someone goes to work on it later.

I experienced something like this once before. When a single user would open a document on his machine it would be fine (with accents) until he pressed a key (any key) and the accents in small caps would magically disappear. It would only happen on his and one other user's machine, not on mine or everyone else's. I don't have that kind of evidence this time, only the fact that they are gone and these are much more important documents than the first time.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

K
Attached Images
File Type: jpg style-xml.JPG (37.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg para-xml.JPG (37.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg word-screen-shot.JPG (7.9 KB, 11 views)