View Single Post

Old 09-16-2022, 10:08 AM
Cosmo Cosmo is offline Windows Vista Office 2007
Competent Performer

Cosmo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Kenyon View Post
Place your Custom UI in a Global Template rather than in the Document template. It will be there when you produce your document on your system and will not be there when the document is used on another system.
You are using Documents.Add with a template base, correct?

If the CustomUI is specific to each template, then still place it in a separate template and load the template with the CustomUI as an Add-In when you are producing the document. Once you save the document, unload the Add-In.

There is no good reason I can imagine to be placing a CustomUI in a template for documents when you do not want it to be in the document. IMO you are doing things the hard way.

The whole idea of putting customizations in templates is to have them be in the documents produced from the templates.

Templates in Microsoft Word

Thanks for the response.

I'll look into that, but I don't understand why this has worked for me with multiple documents before? This seems like it will complicate things a bit, if I now have to provide 2 documents for our users to install, and make sure that both are in place, if I understand what you are suggesting. And I will need to get the proper file path to the correct file in the global template, since I can't just reference the template containing the content itself.