View Single Post

Old 09-06-2022, 04:19 AM
soroush.kalantari soroush.kalantari is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Competent Performer

soroush.kalantari is on a distinguished road
Default Need help inserting hyperlink which directly open data files in websites

My routine work in Excel is such that I should constantly download some data from some websites and saving each data in different folders. To improve the efficiency of this process, I am seeking a way to insert a hyperlink in a excel cell that, when clicked, it open the data files directly. I know how to do this for some website like this that gives historical crude oil prices in XLS format. I do this by “right clicking” on “Download Data (XLS File)” and choosing “copy link address” and then pasting it in the “address” box of “insert hyperlink” (See the cell A1 of the attached excel). However, for some Websites like this that gives historical Aluminum prices such approach does not work (see the cell A2 of the attached excel). And some website like this doesn’t give any address when doing this approach and just give things like “void(0) (see the screenshot and the cell A3 of the attached excel).
Can you give me some guides on whether it is possible to do this process for case2 and case3 and if possible, how to do this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot (35).jpg (119.5 KB, 7 views)
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx inserthyperlink.xlsx (8.7 KB, 2 views)