View Single Post

Old 08-12-2022, 07:38 AM
DMSI DMSI is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

DMSI is on a distinguished road

Hi thanks for responding.

So what we are looking to do is scan through a document and any time the specified word in the excel is found it would add a content control box to it, we are using the content control as a way to replace variables in our docs.

I have to use dummy text as I don't think it would be appropriate for me to upload our actual content.

Example excel list:
In Column A
[object1]
[object2]
[object3]
[object4]
[object5]

Dummy text from one page of the word doc:

● Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, sit ex conceptam constituto. Ea nec omittam partiendo. Nisl [object1]-pertinax et mea, virtute aliquam ad mei. In per assum iudicabit, sea in eros movet, ex postulant [object2] vel. At altera tritani laoreet vim, has malorum accommodare et. [object3] docendi imperdiet at his. Duo inani nullam [object3] et, ad cum soluta utroque [object5], viris graece inciderint qui te.

So let's say [object1] is found in the text above it would apply a content control to it and move on, so I think it would have to pass a variable to the ReplaceTags or ReplaceAllTags. I am just not sure how to scan an excel list and pass it through. Any guidance would be appreciated, I'll keep trying and hunting in the mean time and post any updates I have.

So I can't upload anything off my current network but I can create a sample and upload later today or tomorrow.

I was trying to work of this previous post:
https://www.msofficeforums.com/word-...ord-excel.html

But I think it is solving a different scenario.

thanks