View Single Post

Old 08-10-2022, 03:19 PM
NitroPress NitroPress is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

NitroPress is on a distinguished road
Default Long conditional boilerplate Word docs

I am looking for pointers and general structural advice on how to build a series of long, complex contract documents so they can be easily modified on the fly for each client, by mostly choosing content from lists or sets, entering a value one time and having it propagated through other points, and in general doing as little "editing and rewriting" as possible.

Since Word doesn't have a good conditional text feature, I've been forward and back through the Developer/Design Mode/Content Controls stuff in my library and on the web.

This needs to be as "locked up" and automatic for unsophisticated users as possible, while allowing them to quickly edit a generic contract to a specific end.

Just quick pointers to elements I should be looking into, from Design mode stuff to hidden and locked text to macros/VBA to any GOOD add-ins would be appreciated. I have ~2 decades of experience with Word, but have never had to dive very far down this particular rabbit hole, and I feel like I am missing some obvious tools.

Thanks!