View Single Post

Old 08-01-2022, 11:14 AM
kilroyscarnival kilroyscarnival is offline Windows 10 Office 2021
Expert

kilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newatthis2022 View Post
I added some Smartart in mt Word document and added some text inside the shape. The text is used to direct anyone to a boookmark within the document. However, when I save the docuement as a PDF, the hyperlink within the Wordart does not work. Cab someone help.

Thanks in advance
How are you creating the PDF?

If you are doing File/SaveAs, and changing the file type to Adobe Acrobat PDF, I suggest you try File/Export, and in the same window that you're choosing your file path to save the PDF, click on the Options... button near the center bottom. Select "Include non-printing information" including bookmarks, headings, document properties, etc.

That said, I just created a piece of SmartArt and set it to link to the bottom of the third page where I'd added a bookmark. I couldn't even get this to work within the Word document when I clicked on it, but when I saved as described above, it worked within the PDF.

Hope this helps.

Ann