View Single Post

Old 07-29-2022, 06:37 AM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows 11 Office 2021

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallTrees View Post
Thanks for the replies, it is all very helpful.

I have set up my numbering schemes and have various styles which inherit and work well together but now need to apply different number formatting for some of them. It seems that I can't have two styles at the same level with different formatting? I've definitely seen this done before.

Clarifying: You can have two styles at the same level with different formatting. You can not set the font style for numbers in your base list, though and try to change that formatting for the numbers in the second style. The child style must have the same format for the numbering, but can have different font formatting for the paragraph style.

As was pointed out by Stefan and Andrew, if you do not set font formatting for the numbering when creating the list, the numbering will use the font formatting set in the paragraph style.