View Single Post

Old 09-25-2008, 04:07 AM
Novice

kangabanga is on a distinguished road
Default Mail Merge Query

Hello all,

New here, and I hope someone can give me a hand as I am having the most annoying time with Mail Merge at work!

We have currently been upgraded at work to Word 2003. Beforehand, I could manipulate Mail Merge easily in Word 2000 (whoooah, step back in time I know), but since we've been given Word 2003 it's completely thrown me.

I have two queries, if someone would be so kind as to help me, or indeed, direct me to relevant past threads.

1) When I merge the data source with the document, the date format changes from UK format: 25/01/1984 (as it is entered in the Excel data source), to the US format: 01/25/1984, when it appears in the document. It's a big problem, as I'm creating massive documents and I can't keep manually changing it everytime I need to.

2) I'm also being driven to distraction by the fact that I can't search and find in the document. My document has 700 individual pages, each slightly different (different names, dates of birth etc), which I need to print and amend as needed. The problem is that when i open the document and press ctrl+F and enter my search word, it only searches the first page/record. Does anyone know how I can search the entire document?

Many many thanks to anyone who can aid me.

Kangabanga.