View Single Post

Old 07-06-2022, 08:40 AM
Ken Leidner Ken Leidner is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Novice

Ken Leidner is on a distinguished road
Default Using VBA can I animate some text in a text box?

PowerPoint is the 2019 release not part of the office 2010

I have a set of slides, 450, that are Question with 4 possible answers. All generated with VBA.

The Question is placed in the title of the slide and then the four possible answers are all in one text box. At the bottom of the slide is a second text box that explains why this is the correct answer. When I add the text to the slide I know the character position (start and end) of the correct answer.

I would like to add animation - on a click, to change the color of the correct answer to red. I can do it manually after the text is in the box, but it is to many slides. Note that the animation to have the why correct appear is preloaded in to the "starter slide".

I tried having 4 "starter slides" that have the animation already already done, selection the correct slide, moving it to the end of the presentation, adding the text. While it works, the problem is space on the slide. I need the 4 answer text boxed separated by enough space to hold the longest answer in that position, even if for this question the answer in this position is much shorter. There is no room left to place the why this is the correct answer and it has to move to a second slide.

I also tried having all the animation done on one "starter slide". The problem is once the text is loaded, each sentence (possible answer) in the text box receives the same animation. So after all of the slides have been generated, I have to manually remove 3 of the animation - the ones on the wrong answers for each slide.

If you know how to remove animation #2 from shape 2 on the current slide that would solve the problem also. I would have to remove the animation is reverse sequence since the animation is renumbered when one is removed. So if C was correct, remove animation #4 then #2 and lastly #1.

Deleting the animation is really some what nicer in codeing as I don't have to track the length of each answer.

Last edited by Ken Leidner; 07-06-2022 at 08:50 AM. Reason: correct spelling and dropped thoughts - correct release date of PowerPoint