View Single Post

Old 06-29-2022, 01:57 PM
kilroyscarnival kilroyscarnival is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Expert

kilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohanBouva View Post
I am trying to place it in a default word document with an excel sheet from a column of text.
Who has a solution for this?
I am a beginner with Exel and Words

Johan, you may want to play around with the different options for pasting Excel cells into Word. First, do you need to create a link to the Excel sheet so that if/when the data changes in Excel, you can update it into Word? I'm guessing not since you say it's text, but you do have that option. Do you want it to just be text, or become a table?

See attached picture that shows the six things that pop up for me in Word 365. I'm guessing that either option 2 (use destination styles) or 6 (keep text only) might be what you're looking for, but you can copy your cells in Excel, go to your Word document, and right mouse click. You should see those paste options. You can try all six, one by one, and just Undo (CONTROL + Z keyboard shortcut) to go back and try the next one. As you mouse over those icons it will show you what they do.

Ann
Attached Images
File Type: jpg paste-excel-cells-into-word.jpg (55.8 KB, 27 views)