Thread: [Solved] Building Blocks - WHY???
View Single Post

Old 05-03-2011, 01:37 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2000
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by namedujour View Post
If you've only used Word 2007, and only for three years, you weren't around when Microsoft used to have a free software support line, where they always responded to reports of obvious bugs with, "It's a new feature," or "It's working as designed," or "Our customers prefer it this way."
So how long have you used Word 2007 extensively? I've been using various versions of Word as my primary Word processor since the late 1980s (ie for around 25 years). I've been providing on-line support for it for around a decade and have been an MS MVP since well before Word 2007 was released - an award given in recognition of the amount of help I've given people over the years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by namedujour View Post
I don't want my normal.dot functionality in pieces. I want it to work the way it used to. You like it this way because you don't know any differently, and you think think that knowing how to work with a bad design means the design is good. There is our disconnect.
Normal dot has all the functionality it ever had. It seems that you haven't come to grips with that and the added functionality introduced with building blocks. The former is for templates, the latter is for re-usable content. The two are entirely different concepts.

Last edited by macropod; 05-03-2011 at 07:51 PM.