View Single Post

Old 06-07-2022, 05:43 AM
Sweet_Melissa Sweet_Melissa is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

Sweet_Melissa is on a distinguished road

Thanks @Charles Kenyon and @Italophile

After much analysis! I'm still in the same place! Stuck with a number of documents with the potential of "Spaghetti Numbering"

Background:
I used Shuna's instructions almost 10 years ago. We set up Headings and numberings that looked amazing in my companies requirement documents. The problem was that we had to many levels. So if you had a requiremeent that was 5 levels in it would look like this 1.1.1.1.1. Text, the amount of real estate that it used up was overwhelming. We decedied to abandon that formatting for a much simple approach and my users have have very happy!

Today We use Heading 1, 2, 3, 5 they are used to seperate Chapters and Sections, its very straight forward. In side each heading we use the built in List Paragraph, (we did this to keep it simple). It's been working pretty well. The number one gripe I get is that, why doens't it automatically restart numbering after a heading style?

But after much reading and your advice. I've concluded that restarting built in List numbering after a Heading is not possbile. There is no way to create a style that would do this (at least that's what I think). If someone has any idea please give
me clue!
Happy Documenting Everyone!