Thread: [Solved] Problems with a style sheet
View Single Post

Old 05-26-2022, 12:51 PM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows 10 Office 2019

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

I think I agree with Ann.
The way you currently have this set up, there will be no page number in the first-page footer. If you uncheck "different first page" when in the header or footer, you will then have the number 1 on your first page.

I agree with her that styles are the key.

Set your ACTION and DIALOG styles to keep lines together but not keep with next.
Set your _SLUGLINE UL and CHARACTER styles to keep with next.
If you want your _SLUGLINE UL lines to always be at the top of a page, set them with paragraph formatting of Page Break Before.

Set your Character style to 12 pts. before. Get rid of the empty paragraphs.

I noted that you gave some thought to the style for following paragraph. I would suggest CHARACTER as the style to follow ACTION.

I've attached your sample document with all the recommended changes except the last one.
Attached Files
File Type: docx deleteme Help.docx (22.4 KB, 7 views)