View Single Post

Old 05-01-2011, 12:46 AM
daym daym is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Novice

daym is on a distinguished road
Default Wine List, Data Merge - Excel to Publisher - Or other suggestions?

I have an Excel worksheet which has a list of 1000 wines (and lots of other information about each wine), each wine is marked by a column containing a 1 or 0 as to whether it is white, red, sold by bottle or glass (and other things) some wines are have more than one column marked with a 1.

I want to produce a wine list that can be printed (it needs to look good) and I want to merge the data from this worksheet into MS Publisher. On the wine list I have pages that contain a number of headings i.e. one page is 'Wines by the Glass' and then sub headings of 'Champagne','White Wine','Red Wine'.

I have tried a catalog merge into Publisher, but I can't have more than one filter criteria from a single workbook. The only way I can think of doing it is by filtering each section out in Excel and creating a new workbook for each one (Using VBA) and then using each individual workbook as the data sources for Publisher.

Does anyone have any other suggestions as to how I may go about it? Or indeed any suggestions as to better/more effective software solution. The wine list is updated on almost a daily basis as such needs to be as simple as possible for the user.

Thanks