View Single Post

Old 03-16-2022, 01:43 PM
kilroyscarnival kilroyscarnival is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Expert

kilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosilah View Post
I think in the past I was able to insert a table with just 2 columns and rows and was able to put in data and it just drew a box as I as I added data in Office. was it in Word?
I can't be sure from that description. Are you talking about more cells being added underneath, or the contents of the cell just flowing down the page and perhaps onto a second page?

I'm attaching two small images to illustrate. If I keep typing in the one cell, as long as it's not set to a specific size, it will auto-size to accommodate my text, even going onto a second page if necessary.

If you mean will your table keep automatically adding rows as you go, as in the other image, no. You may be thinking of Excel there. By the way, you can type your table into Excel and then paste it into Word, either converting it to a Word table, or embedding it as an Excel worksheet within Word.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg continuous_flow_within_cell.jpg (78.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg table_not-auto_extended.jpg (12.2 KB, 15 views)